- Physical Activity
- Childhood Health
- Mental Health and Wellbeing
These are the key areas in which reforms have to be made if the health of people in Blackpool is to improve. Each Tangerine Target has a high profile Health Ambassador from the world of sport.
- Champion boxer Brian ‘The Lion’ Rose is Health Ambassador for Physical Activity and our Fit2Go programme
- Silver medallist Paralympian Shelly Woods is Health Ambassador for Lifestyle
- Lancashire County Cricketer Steven Croft is Health Ambassador for Childhood Health
- Football legend Jimmy Armfield CBE is Health Ambassador for Mental Health and Wellbeing.
The Tangerine Targets are underpinned by the eight key health priorities for Blackpool:
- Sexual health
- Childhood obesity
- Heart disease/stroke
- Alcohol abuse
- Substance misuse
- Mental health
The Blackpool FC players are Health Champions for each of these priorities supporting health messages and campaigns.